International Pet Transport to Hong Kong
Important Information – New Enquiries
Now that International borders are open, we are currently experiencing an unprecedented amount of enquiries. As such, we are currently NOT taking any new enquiries over the phone. We kindly ask you submit your enquiry via our online form. We appreciate your patience at this time.
|Get a Quote|
Transport your beloved pets safely, securely and stress-free with Jetpets. Our team of pet travel consultants, resident vets and pet handlers are committed to the highest standards of care travelling to Hong Kong. We regularly transport pets across Hong Kong to destinations including Kowloon, Tsuen Wan, Yuen Long and more. For more information about our international pet transport services please fill out the following quote form.
Hear More From Pet Owners
How Our International Pet Transport Services Work?
From organising flight dates, to booking in vaccinations and preflight vet requirements, our specialist team works with you to ensure your pet is covered and fit for their upcoming flight. Our team know the ins and outs about Hong Kong’s specific quarantine rules, and will provide advice and take care of additional quarantine requirements in the lead up to your pet’s travel date.
Trusted By The International Industry’s Best
Jetpets Melbourne has become the first pet transport company in the Asia Pacific Region to be awarded The Centre of Excellence for Live Animals Logistics (CEIV) Certification, and is one of only five companies in the world to have received the honour. “Jetpets customers can be confident that their precious animals are traveling in safe and healthy conditions” – Glyn Hughes, IATA Global Head of Cargo.
How We Can Help With Your International Pet Transport Needs To Hong Kong
Our International Pet Travel Consultants:
- Learn all about your very important pet (VIP)
- Prepare your pet’s personalised itinerary
- Provide expert advice on preparing and bringing pets to Hong Kong following quarantine and customs requirements
- Advise on choosing the best airline-approved travel crate (which can be delivered in advanced before your travel date)
- Book your pet on the most direct flight to Hong Kong
- Arrange for a comfort stop before the flight
- Can arrange a door-to-door pet transport service, from your home in Australia to your new residence in Hong Kong
- Contactable via our 24-hour customer service line should any concerns or questions arise.
Resident Vets & Transit Lounges For Support Each Step Of The Way
- Our resident vets can provide dogs and cats with all the correct treatments they need to travel to Hong Kong
- We provide all pets with required treatments before travel
- All vaccination and treatment records are completed by our team
- We can also arrange at home checkups as required
- All pets will have a pet health check at our transit lounge prior to their flight
- Each transit lounge is located near major airports in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.
Experienced Pet Handlers & Airport Staff Throughout Their Journey
- Our pet handlers can personally come to your house and professionally fit your pet to the perfect sized crate (in metropolitan areas) prior to your pet’s trip
- We will check your pet in for their flight at the airport, ensuring they have been to the toilet and have plenty of water available for a comfortable flight
- Our team will also provide pet updates to keep you informed how their journey is progressing.
What Happens At The Airport?
- The captain of the aircraft is aware that your loved one is on board their flight
- The captain will set the temperature to approx. 18 degrees Celsius so that the animals are comfortable
- The cabin is dimly lit so that your loved one can see what is going on around them
- What we feel and hear in the cabin of the plane is the same as what animals experience (except in a travel crate they have much more legroom than us!).
FAQs – International Pet Transport to Hong Kong
Q: Can I Bring My Dog To Hong Kong?
Yes, you can certainly bring your dog or cat to Hong Kong. You will need to complete an import permit, as well as all the health checks and vetwork prior to your pet’s travel. Jetpets can provide you with all the advice you need for your pet to travel to Hong Kong, including organising for all documents, vetwork and treatments to be accurately completed, to ensure a smooth and hassle-free relocation.
Q: How Much Does It Cost To Fly A Dog To Hong Kong?
There are many factors that go into pet transport prices, including flight routes and destinations, size and weight of your pet, level of service provided and more. With Jetpets, you can rest assured that our quotes can be made all-inclusive, delivering a boutique experience for you and your pet – no hidden costs or surprises. We follow strict internal and external policies to ensure your pet’s comfort and safety during travel, so our pet transport prices already include full-service provisions such as organising comfort stops for your pet along their journey and collecting your pet from the airport should there by a flight delay or cancellation. Your Jetpets pet travel consultant will talk you through all the available options, as well as provide you with a customised itinerary and quotation for your pet’s travel to Hong Kong.
Q: Is Hong Kong Rabies Free?
Yes, Hong Kong is a rabies-free country.
Q: How Much Does Quarantine Cost In Hong Kong?
For pets travelling from Australia to Hong Kong, they will generally be exempt from quarantine, subject to full compliance with the import permit conditions. If your pet is travelling from another country, you will need to check if they will require a quarantine stay, which is HKD 90 per day.