Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pet Travel Update
Due to the current situation, we have been experiencing a high volume of phone calls, which is resulting in longer than usual hold times. Our teams are working diligently to assist you, our customers, and at this stage we are trying to prioritise calls for clients with imminent travel plans.
For the latest information, please see our Important Pet Travel Update page, which we will be updating regularly.
International Pet Transport to Hong Kong
At Jetpets, our in-house team of pet travel consultants, resident vets and pet handlers set the highest standards of care when it comes to your pet’s overseas travel to Hong Kong. We can provide a complete door to door pet transport service to any destination in Hong Kong, including but not limited to Kowloon, Tsuen Wan, Yuen Long and more.
We have over 28 years’ experience in transporting all types of beloved pets including dogs, cats, rabbits, birds and any other animals. Your pet’s comfort, safety and welfare are our number one priority, giving you complete peace of mind. If you want the best for your pet and a stress-free relocation to Hong Kong, choose Jetpets.
Why Choose Jetpets?
Setting the highest standards of care
Jetpets Melbourne has become the first pet transport company in the Asia Pacific Region to be awarded The Centre of Excellence for Live Animals Logistics (CEIV) Certification, and is one of only five companies in the world to have received the honour.
“Jetpets customers can be confident that their precious animals are traveling in safe and healthy conditions” – Glyn Hughes, IATA Global Head of Cargo
Mark & Mya’s Jetpets Experience
Let us look after your pet’s relocation to Hong Kong
Our Pet Travel Consultants:
- Find out all about your pet. Regardless of whether your pet is a dog, cat, rabbit, bird or guinea pig, we treat all our pets like VIPs – very important pets!
- Provide you with comprehensive advice on international pet travel including Hong Kong’s quarantine and customs requirements
- Help you decide on the best airline-approved travel crate to ensure your pet travels comfortably and safely, including a stay dry fleece mat
- Arrange for your pet’s travel crate to be delivered to your home prior to your relocation – Use our travel crate familiarisation tips to help your pet associate the crate with a positive environment
- Book your pet on the most direct flight to Hong Kong
- Arrange a comfort stop along the way
- Can arrange a door-to-door pet transport service from your home in Australia to your new residence in Hong Kong
- Prepare your pet’s personalised itinerary
- Our 24-hour customer service line is ready to assist you with any concerns or questions you may have
- Can even take care of your flight to match your pet’s itinerary through Jetaway travel
Our Resident Vets:
- Specialise in international pet travel and can provide all pets with the correct treatments they need prior to travelling to Hong Kong
- Will accurately complete all documents and treatments required for overseas travel, ensuring a smooth relocation for you and your pet
- Can come and visit you at home as a complimentary part of our service (state dependent)
- Will give your pet a health check at our Jetpets Transit Lounge prior to their flight, making sure they’re fit to fly
Our Pet Handlers:
- Can personally come to your house and professionally fit your pet to the perfect sized crate (in metropolitan areas) prior to your pet’s travel date
- Will give your pet plenty of love, attention and walks prior to their flight
- Check your pet in for their flight at the airport, ensuring they have been to the toilet and have plenty of water available
- Will provide pet travel updates so you know how their journey to Hong Kong is progressing
Our Pet Transit Lounges:
- Jetpets Transit Lounges allow for priority pet check-in
- Are conveniently located near major airports in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, saving you the hassle of airport traffic and parking
- Your pet will be able to have a stretch and relax out of their travel crate before and/or after their flight
- Provide peace of mind knowing your pet will be taken care of if their flight is delayed or cancelled
- Our resident vets are located at our pet transit lounges
Did you know?
- The captain of the aircraft is aware that your loved one is on board their flight
- The captain will set the temperature to approx. 18 degrees Celsius so that the animals are comfortable
- The pets’ cabin is dimly lit so that your loved one can see what is going on around them
- What we feel and hear in the cabin of the plane is the same as what animals experience (except in a travel crate they have much more leg room than us!)
|PET TRANSPORT HONG KONG FAQS|
Behind the Scenes at the Airport
FAQs – International Pet Transport to Hong Kong
Q: Can I bring my dog to Hong Kong?
Yes, you can certainly bring your dog or cat to Hong Kong. You will need to complete an import permit, as well as all the health checks and vetwork prior to your pet’s travel.
Jetpets can provide you with all the advice you need for your pet to travel to Hong Kong, including organising for all documents, vetwork and treatments to be accurately completed, to ensure a smooth and hassle-free relocation.
Q: How much does it cost to fly a dog to Hong Kong?
There are many factors that go into pet transport prices, including flight routes and destinations, size and weight of your pet, level of service provided and more. With Jetpets, you can rest assured that our quotes can be made all-inclusive, delivering a boutique experience for you and your pet – no hidden costs or surprises. We follow strict internal and external policies to ensure your pet’s comfort and safety during travel, so our pet transport prices already include full-service provisions such as organising comfort stops for your pet along their journey and collecting your pet from the airport should there by a flight delay or cancellation.
Your Jetpets pet travel consultant will talk you through all the available options, as well as provide you with a customised itinerary and quotation for your pet’s travel to Hong Kong.
Q: Is Hong Kong rabies free?
Yes, Hong Kong is a rabies-free country.
Q: How much does quarantine cost in Hong Kong?
For pets travelling from Australia to Hong Kong, they will generally be exempt from quarantine, subject to full compliance with the import permit conditions. If your pet is travelling from another country, you will need to check if they will require a quarantine stay, which is HKD 90 per day.