Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pet Travel Update
Due to the current situation, we have been experiencing a high volume of phone calls, which is resulting in longer than usual hold times. Our teams are working diligently to assist you, our customers, and at this stage we are trying to prioritise calls for clients with imminent travel plans.
For the latest information, please see our Important Pet Travel Update page, which we will be updating regularly.
International Pet Transport to Japan
When it comes to safe pet transport, Jetpets takes the highest standards of care when it comes to organising your pet’s travel to Japan. Our in-house team of pet travel consultants, resident vets and pet handlers can provide you with a complete door-to door-transport service to all destinations across Japan, including but not limited to Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka.
We transport all beloved pets, including dogs, cats and any other animals you may have. Jetpets number one priority is to ensure your pet’s comfort, safety and welfare when it comes to assisting you with a stress-free pet relocation to Japan.
Why Choose Jetpets?
Setting the highest standards of care
Jetpets Melbourne has become the first pet transport company in the Asia Pacific Region to be awarded The Centre of Excellence for Live Animals Logistics (CEIV) Certification, and is one of only five companies in the world to have received the honour.
“Jetpets customers can be confident that their precious animals are traveling in safe and healthy conditions” – Glyn Hughes, IATA Global Head of Cargo
Mark & Mya’s Jetpets Experience
Moving to Japan? Jetpets can handle all your pet travel needs
Our Pet Travel Consultants:
- Find out all about your pet. Regardless of whether your pet is a dog, cat, rabbit, bird or guinea pig, we treat all our happy travellers like royalty!
- Equip you with expert advice on international pet travel including Japan’s quarantine and customs requirements
- Help you select the best airline-approved travel crate to ensure your pet travels comfortably, including a stay dry fleece mat
- Arrange for your pet’s travel crate to be delivered to your home prior to your relocation – you can prepare your pet for their flight with our travel crate familiarisation tips
- Book your pet on the most direct flight to Japan
- Arrange a comfort stop along the way
- Can arrange a door-to-door pet transport service from your home in Australia to your new residence in Japan
- Prepare your pet’s personalised itinerary
- We have a 24-hour customer service line should you need to reach us about any concerns or questions
- Can even take care of your flight to match your pet’s itinerary through Jetaway travel
Our Resident Vets:
- Are experts in overseas pet travel and can provide all pets with the correct treatments they need prior to travel to Japan
- Will ensure accurate completion of all documents and treatments required for overseas travel, ensuring a smooth relocation for you and your pet
- Can come and visit you at home as a complimentary part of our service (state dependent)
- Will give your pet a health check at our Jetpets Transit Lounge prior to their flight
Our Pet Handlers:
- Can personally come to your house and professionally fit your pet to the perfect sized crate (in metropolitan areas) prior to your pet’s travel date
- Will take care of your pet on the day of travel, giving them plenty of love, attention and walks before they’re checked in
- Check your pet in for their flight at the airport, ensuring they have been to the toilet and have plenty of water available
- Will provide pet updates to keep you in the loop the entire way
Our Pet Transit Lounges:
- Jetpets Transit Lounges allow for priority pet check-in
- Are conveniently located near major airports to save you the hassle of airport traffic and parking at the freight department
- Your pet will be able to have a stretch and relax out of their travel crate before and/or after their flight
- Provide peace of mind knowing your pet will be taken care of if their flight is delayed or cancelled
- Our resident vets are located at our pet transit lounges
Did you know?
- The captain of the aircraft is aware that your loved one is on board their flight
- The captain will set the temperature to approx. 18 degrees Celsius so that the animals are comfortable
- The pets’ cabin is dimly lit so that your loved one can see what is going on around them
- What we feel and hear in the cabin of the plane is the same as what animals experience (except in a travel crate they have much more leg room than us!)
|PET TRANSPORT JAPAN FAQS|
Behind the Scenes at the Airport
FAQs – International Pet Transport to Japan
Q: How do I move my pet to Japan?
Moving your pet to Japan can be done via completing all the required pre-travel documentation and veterinary health tests and checks in advance. We recommend that you start planning early.
Jetpets can provide you with all the advice you need for your pet to travel to Japan, including organising for all documents, vetwork and treatments to be accurately completed, to ensure a smooth and hassle-free relocation.
Q: How much does it cost to fly a dog to japan?
There are many factors that go into pet transport prices, including flight routes and destinations, size and weight of your pet, level of service provided and more. With Jetpets, you can rest assured that our quotes can be made all-inclusive, delivering a boutique experience for you and your pet – no hidden costs or surprises. We follow strict internal and external policies to ensure your pet’s comfort and safety during travel, so our pet transport prices already include full-service provisions such as organising comfort stops for your pet along their journey and collecting your pet from the airport should there by a flight delay or cancellation.
Your Jetpets pet travel consultant will talk you through all the available options, as well as provide you with a customised itinerary and quotation for your pet’s travel to Japan.
Q: Is Japan pet friendly?
The land of animal cafes, Japan is a pet-friendly country as long as you follow the standard pet manners and etiquette rules.
Q: Is Japan a rabies free country?
Yes, Japan is a rabies-free country.
Q: How long is pet quarantine in Japan?
Pets travelling from Australia can travel into Japan without quarantine, as long as all the import conditions are fulfilled. Pets from other countries may be subject to a quarantine period ranging from 12 hours to 180 days depending on the entry requirements.
Q: What dogs are banned in Japan?
Japan currently does not have any banned dog breeds.