When a Jetpets Pet Travel Consultant is putting together your pet’s itinerary, there are several factors that come into consideration when choosing the best airlines, including:
- Wanting to travel on the same flight? – We will do our best to accommodate this provided that the airline takes pets and has availability
- The most direct flight – We have visibility of pet cabin space availability on all airline partner flights and will suggest the most direct flight option for your pet
- Weather – We monitor the weather and if your pet is travelling from or to a hot climate we will recommend a morning or night flight
- Aircraft suitability – The size of the pet cabin area can differ from aircraft to aircraft. We ensure that the aircraft is suitable for your pet based on the size specifications of their travel crate.
- Airline regulations – There are other specific airline regulations that we take into consideration when identifying the most suitable airline partner and aircraft choice.
- Value for money – We will ensure that selection of the airline and flights represents value for money.
Which airlines fly pets?
As Australia’s leading pet transportation company, we often get asked the question, what airlines do pets travel with?
In most cases they travel on the same airlines as us. So the next time you fly on an aircraft – it is likely an animal will be on board.
Airlines we partner with for interstate pet transport
For flights within Australia, Jetpets partners with:
(subsidiary of Qantas, in regional airports)
Within Australia, Qantas and Virgin require pets to be checked in for their flight up to 2 hours prior to their flight.
Airlines we partner with for international pet transport
For overseas pet travel Jetpets partners with many airlines, including:
Air New Zealand
For overseas pet travel, check-in times will vary but can be up to 4 hours prior to the flight. All of this will be clearly outlined in your pet’s travel itinerary.
You must have an airline-approved pet crate
All airlines require pets to travel in an airline-approved pet carrier. If you have your own pet carrier and believe it to be an airline-approved dog crate or airline-approved cat carrier, we still suggest you have one of our Pet Travel Consultants check that it complies to airline regulations. You can purchase or hire a pet crate from Jetpets and have peace of mind that it is airline approved.