When a Jetpets Pet Travel Consultant is putting together your pet’s itinerary, there are a number of factors that come into consideration when choosing the best airlines, including:
- Wanting to travel on the same flight? – We will do our best to accommodate this provided that the airline takes pets and has availability
- The most direct flight – We have visibility of pet cabin space availability on all airline partner flights and will suggest the most direct flight option for your pet
- Weather – We monitor the weather and if your pet is travelling from or to a hot climate we will recommend a morning or night flight
- Aircraft suitability – The size of the pet cabin area can differ from aircraft to aircraft. We ensure that the aircraft is suitable for your pet based on the size specifications of their travel crate.
- Airline regulations – There are other specific airline regulations that we take into consideration when identifying the most suitable airline partner and aircraft choice.
- Value for money – We will ensure that selection of the airline and flights represents value for money.
We often get asked the question, what airlines do pets travel with?
In most cases they travel on the same airlines as us. So the next time you fly on an aircraft – it is likely an animal will be on board.
Jetpets partners with many major airlines that can transport animals safely and comfortably on their aircrafts.
Jetpets has long serving relationships with reputable airlines that can transport pets.
For flights within Australia Jetpets partners with Qantas, Virgin and in regional airports, Rex (subsidiary of Qantas).
For overseas pet travel Jetpets partners with many airlines, including:
- Air Canada
- Air New Zealand
- China Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Lan Chile
- Malaysian Airlines
- Royal Brunei
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Vietnam Airlines
All airlines require pets to travel in an airline approved pet carrier. If you have your own pet carrier and believe it to be an airline approved dog crate or airline approved cat carrier, we still suggest you have our Pet Travel Consultant check that it complies to airline regulations. You can hire or purchase a Pet Container from Jetpets and have peace of mind that it is airline approved.
Within Australia for Qantas pet travel and Virgin pet travel pets need to be checked in for their flight up to 2 hours prior to their flight.
For overseas pet travel check in times will vary but can be up to 4 hours prior to the flight. All of this will be clearly outlined in your pet’s travel itinerary.