International Pet Transport to USA
Are you and your family moving to the United States? At Jetpets, we set the highest standards of care when it comes to overseas pet travel with our in-house team of pet travel consultants, resident vets and pet handlers – no fur baby gets left behind!
As Australia’s leading pet transportation company, we can provide a complete door-to-door pet transport service to any USA destination – North America, South America and Central America. Popular destinations include but are not limited to Canada, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Hawaii, Dallas, Chicago, Washington, Houston, Boston, Denver, Seattle and Atlanta.
We can do all types of pet transport to the USA, including dogs, cats, birds, fish and any other pets. Your pet’s comfort, safety and welfare is our number one priority, giving you complete peace of mind. For completely stress-free pet transport to USA, choose the friendly team at Jetpets.
Why Choose Jetpets?
Jetpets Melbourne has become the first pet transport company in the Asia Pacific Region to be awarded The Centre of Excellence for Live Animals Logistics (CEIV) Certification, and is one of only five companies in the world to have received the honour.
“Jetpets customers can be confident that their precious animals are traveling in safe and healthy conditions” – Glyn Hughes, IATA Global Head of Cargo
Mark & Mya’s Jetpets Experience
Let us help you with your pet’s travel to USA
Our Pet Travel Consultants:
- Learn all about your pet. Regardless of whether your pet is a dog, cat, fish or bird, they’ll be treated like royalty!
- Provide you with expert advice and will help you complete all your pet travel to USA requirements
- Choose the best sized, airline-approved pet travel crate to ensure your pet travels comfortably, including a stay dry fleece mat
- Arrange for your pet’s travel crate to be delivered to your home prior to your relocation – see our travel crate familiarisation tips
- Book your pet on the most direct flight to your destination in the United States
- Arrange a comfort stop along the way
- Can arrange a door-to-door transport service, from your home in Australia to your new residence in USA
- Prepare your pet’s personalised itinerary
- Our 24-hour customer service line ensures we are contactable every step of the way
- Can even take care of your flight to match your pet’s itinerary through Jetaway travel
Our Resident Vets:
- Are experts in overseas pet travel and can provide dogs and cats (and other pets) with all the correct treatments they need to travel to USA
- Will ensure all documents and treatments for overseas travel are done accurately to ensure a smooth relocation
- Can come and visit you at home as a complimentary part of our service (state dependent)
- Will give your pet a health check at our Jetpets Transit Lounge prior to their flight
Our Pet Handlers:
- Can come to your house and professionally fit your pet to the perfect sized crate (in metropolitan areas) prior to your pet’s travel to USA
- Will take care of your pet on the day of travel, giving them plenty of love, attention and walks
- Check your pet in for their flight at the airport, ensuring they have been to the toilet and have plenty of water available
- Will provide updates on your pet, including in the lead up to flights
Our Pet Transit Lounges:
- Jetpets Transit Lounges allow for priority pet check-in
- Are conveniently located near major airports in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth
- Your pet will be able to have a stretch and relax out of their travel crate before and/or after their flight
- Provide peace of mind knowing your pet will be taken care of if their flight is delayed or cancelled
- Our resident vets are located at our pet transit lounges
Did you know?
- The captain of the aircraft is aware that your loved one is on board their flight
- The captain will set the temperature to approx. 18 degrees Celsius so that the animals are comfortable
- The pets’ cabin is dimly lit so that your loved one can see what is going on around them
- What we feel and hear in the cabin of the plane is the same as what animals experience (except in a travel crate they have much more leg room than us!)
|PET TRANSPORT USA FAQS|
Behind the Scenes at the Airport
FAQs – International Pet Transport to USA
Q: Bringing a dog from Australia to USA – how does it work?
For pets travelling to USA from Australia, you will need a health certificate. Annual vaccinations and valid rabies vaccinations are recommended.
Jetpets can provide you with all the advice you need for your pet to travel to the US, including ensuring that all documents, vetwork and treatments are accurately completed, to ensure a smooth and hassle-free relocation.
Q: What is needed to bring a dog into the US?
All dogs must appear healthy and depending on which country your dog will be arriving from a valid rabies vaccination certificate may be required.
Q: Can I take my dog on holiday to USA?
Yes, taking your dog to USA for a holiday is possible. However there will be vetwork required prior to departure from Australia and again in the USA prior to your return. Pets would need to remain in USA for approx. 3 months to complete these requirements.
Q: How much does it cost to fly a dog internationally?
There are many factors that go into pet transport prices, including flight routes and destinations, size and weight of your pet, level of service provided and more. With Jetpets, you can rest assured that our quotes can be made all-inclusive, delivering a boutique experience for you and your pet – no hidden costs or surprises. We follow strict internal and external policies to ensure your pet’s comfort and safety during travel, so our pet transport prices already include full-service provisions such as organising comfort stops for your pet along their journey and collecting your pet from the airport should there by a flight delay or cancellation.
Your Jetpets pet travel consultant will talk you through all the available options, as well as provide you with a customised itinerary and quotation for your pet’s travel to America.
Q: Are dogs quarantined when entering the US?
The United States don’t require a quarantine period for dogs, except for Hawaii and the territory of Guam.
Q: Are cats quarantined when entering the US?
The United States don’t require a quarantine period for cats, except for Hawaii and the territory of Guam.