International Pet Transport to USA
Important Information – New Enquiries
Now that International borders are open, we are currently experiencing an unprecedented amount of enquiries. As such, we are currently NOT taking any new enquiries over the phone. We kindly ask you submit your enquiry via our online form. We appreciate your patience at this time.
|Get a Quote|
Our team of experienced pet travel consultants, pet handlers and resident vets work with you to ensure a seamless experience when travelling with your pet to the USA. As the leader in international pet transport services and continually setting the highest standards of care, we are committed to making sure no furbaby gets left behind, arriving at your new home safe and sound. To learn more and get a quote contact us today via our international pet travel form submission.
Popular Destinations We Regularly Fly To
- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Francisco
Hear More From Pet Owners
How Our International Pet Transport Services Work?
From booking in flights to scheduling vaccinations and preflight vet requirements, our specialist team works with you every step of the way to ensure your pet is covered and fit for their flight. Our consultants are up to date with the latest USA quarantine rules and regulations and will provide you with advice and instructions in the lead up to your pets travel date to ensure a safe and comfortable experience for you and your pet.
Trusted By The International Industry’s Best
Jetpets Melbourne has become the first pet transport company in the Asia Pacific Region to be awarded The Centre of Excellence for Live Animals Logistics (CEIV) Certification, and is one of only five companies in the world to have received the honour. “Jetpets customers can be confident that their precious animals are traveling in safe and healthy conditions” – Glyn Hughes, IATA Global Head of Cargo
How We Can Help With Your International Pet Transport Needs
Our International Pet Travel Consultants:
- Learn all about your very important pet (VIP)
- Prepare your pet’s personalised itinerary
- Provide specialist advice and information for USA travel requirements, quarantine and customs
- Advise on choosing the best airline-approved travel crate (which can be delivered in advanced before your travel date)
- Book your pet on the most direct flight to the US
- Arrange for a comfort stop before the flight
- Can arrange a door-to-door pet transport service, from your home in Australia to your new residence in the US
- Contactable via our 24-hour customer service line should any concerns or questions arise.
Resident Vets & Transit Lounges For Support Each Step Of The Way
- Our resident vets specialise in international pet transport to the USA
- We provide all pets with required treatments before travel
- All vaccination and treatment records are completed by our team
- We can also arrange at home checkups as required
- All pets will have a pet health check at our transit lounge prior to their flight
- Each transit lounge is located near major airports in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.
Experienced Pet Handlers & Airport Staff Throughout Their Journey
- Our pet handlers can personally come to your house and professionally fit your pet to the perfect sized crate (in metropolitan areas) prior to your pet’s trip
- We will check your pet in for their flight at the airport, ensuring they have been to the toilet and have plenty of water available for a comfortable flight
- Our team will also provide pet updates to keep you informed how their journey is progressing.
What Happens At The Airport?
- The captain of the aircraft is aware that your loved one is on board their flight
- The captain will set the temperature to approx. 18 degrees Celsius so that the animals are comfortable
- The cabin is dimly lit so that your loved one can see what is going on around them
- What we feel and hear in the cabin of the plane is the same as what animals experience (except in a travel crate they have much more legroom than us!).
FAQs – International Pet Transport to USA
Q: What Documents Do I Need So My Pet Can Travel From Australia To The USA?
For pets travelling to USA from Australia, you will need a health certificate. Annual vaccinations and valid rabies vaccinations are recommended. Jetpets can provide you with all the advice you need for your pet to travel to the US, including ensuring that all documents, vetwork and treatments are accurately completed, to ensure a smooth and hassle-free relocation.
Q: Does My Dog Need A Vaccination Certificate?
All dogs must appear healthy and depending on which country your dog will be arriving from. A valid rabies vaccination certificate may be required for some states.
Q: Can I Take My Dog On Holiday In The USA?
Yes, taking your dog to USA for a holiday is possible. However there will be vetwork required prior to departure from Australia and again in the USA prior to your return. Pets would need to remain in USA for approx. 3 months to complete these requirements.
Q: How Much Does It Cost To Fly Pets To The USA?
There are many factors that go into pet transport prices, including flight routes and destinations, size and weight of your pet, level of service provided and more. With Jetpets, you can rest assured that our quotes can be made all-inclusive, delivering a boutique experience for you and your pet – no hidden costs or surprises. We follow strict internal and external policies to ensure your pet’s comfort and safety during travel, so our pet transport prices already include full-service provisions such as organising comfort stops for your pet along their journey and collecting your pet from the airport should there by a flight delay or cancellation. Your Jetpets pet travel consultant will talk you through all the available options, as well as provide you with a customised itinerary and quotation for your pet’s travel to America.
Q: Will My Dog Be Quarantined Before Entering The USA?
The United States don’t require a quarantine period for dogs, except for Hawaii and the territory of Guam.
Q: Will My Cat Be Quarantined When Entering The USA?
The United States don’t require a quarantine period for cats, except for Hawaii and the territory of Guam.
|MORE INTERNATIONAL PET TRAVEL FAQ’S|