International Pet Transport to New Zealand
Important Information – New Enquiries
Now that International borders are open, we are currently experiencing an unprecedented amount of enquiries. As such, we are currently NOT taking any new enquiries over the phone. We kindly ask you submit your enquiry via our online form. We appreciate your patience at this time.
|Get a Quote|
Are you planning a relocation to New Zealand? We set the highest standards of care for pets travelling internationally with our in-house team of pet travel consultants, resident vets and pet handlers – no furry family member gets left behind! With a local team, we can provide a complete door-to-door pet transport service from Australia to New Zealand, covering destinations including but not limited to Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington. For a stress-free international pet travel experience to New Zealand, choose Jetpets.
Hear More From Pet Owners
How Our Pet Transport Services To New Zealand Work
From organising flight dates, to booking in vaccinations and preflight vet requirements, our specialist team works with you to ensure your pet is covered and fit for their upcoming flight. All our team know the ins and outs about New Zealand specific quarantine rules, and will provide advice and take care of additional quarantine requirements in the lead up to your pet’s travel date.
Trusted By The International Industry’s Best
Jetpets Melbourne has become the first pet transport company in the Asia Pacific Region to be awarded The Centre of Excellence for Live Animals Logistics (CEIV) Certification, and is one of only five companies in the world to have received the honour. “Jetpets customers can be confident that their precious animals are traveling in safe and healthy conditions” – Glyn Hughes, IATA Global Head of Cargo
How We Can Help With Your International Pet Transport Needs
Our International Pet Travel Consultants:
- Learn all about your very important pet (VIP)
- Prepare your pet’s personalised itinerary
- Provide expert advice on preparing and bringing pets to New Zealand quarantine and customs requirements
- Advise on choosing the best airline-approved travel crate (which can be delivered in advanced before your travel date)
- Book your pet on the most direct flight to New Zealand
- Arrange for a comfort stop before the flight
- Can arrange a door-to-door pet transport service, from your home in Australia to your new residence in New Zealand
- Contactable via our 24-hour customer service line should any concerns or questions arise.
Resident Vets & Transit Lounges For Support Each Step Of The Way
- Our resident vets can provide dogs and cats with all the correct treatments they need to travel to New Zealand
- We provide all pets with required treatments before travel
- All vaccination and treatment records are completed by our team
- We can also arrange at home checkups as required
- All pets will have a pet health check at our transit lounge prior to their flight
- Each transit lounge is located near major airports in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.
Experienced Pet Handlers & Airport Staff Throughout Their Journey
- Our pet handlers can personally come to your house and professionally fit your pet to the perfect sized crate (in metropolitan areas) prior to your pet’s trip
- We will check your pet in for their flight at the airport, ensuring they have been to the toilet and have plenty of water available for a comfortable flight
- Our team will also provide pet updates to keep you informed how their journey is progressing.
What Happens At The Airport?
- The captain of the aircraft is aware that your loved one is on board their flight
- The captain will set the temperature to approx. 18 degrees Celsius so that the animals are comfortable
- The cabin is dimly lit so that your loved one can see what is going on around them
- What we feel and hear in the cabin of the plane is the same as what animals experience (except in a travel crate they have much more legroom than us!).
Frequently Asked Questions About International Pet Transport to New Zealand
Q: Can I Take My Dog To NZ From Australia?
Yes, you can! Provided your furbaby meets the specific health standards and import eligibility requirements. Our team has headquarters in both Australia and New Zealand, so we can help you ensure all the required documentation, vetwork, tests and treatments are completed for a smooth relocation. You rely on Jetpets to make the whole process easy and stress-free for you and your dog.
Q: How Much Does It Cost To Take Your Pet To New Zealand?
There are many factors that go into pet transport prices, including flight routes and destinations, size and weight of your pet, level of service provided and more. Our quotes can be made all-inclusive, delivering a boutique experience for you and your pet – no hidden costs or surprises.
Q: How Long Do Dogs and Cats Stay In Quarantine In New Zealand?
Dogs coming from Australia or Norfolk Island don’t need to be quarantined. Dogs arriving from all other countries must be quarantined for a minimum of 10 days.
Q: Is New Zealand Rabies Free?
Yes, New Zealand is a rabies-free country.
Q: What Dogs Are Banned In NZ?
Certain breeds of dogs are not allowed to be imported to New Zealand and this includes the American pit bull terrier, Brazilian Fila, Dogo Argentino, Japanese Tosa and Perro de Presa Canario.
Q: What Happens When My Pet Arrives In New Zealand?
Once the plane has landed, pets are always the first to be taken off the plane and into a secured and comfortable waiting area. Each arrival airport procedure is different so your Jetpets Pet Travel Consultant will have all of this outlined in the travel itinerary that is personalised for your pet.
|MORE INTERNATIONAL PET TRAVEL FAQ’S|