Pet Travel Into Australia
Based in Australia, our Pet Travel Consultants have the expertise to take care of your pet’s travel requirements, managing the entire journey from start to finish! We fully understand what planning is required, and what the requirements are when bringing pets into Australia.
Helpful information to plan your travel:
Depending on where you are relocating from there is different planning and government regulations to take into consideration, that’s why we are here to help!
Pet moves from New Zealand only require three weeks of planning and sometimes even less. Pets travelling from New Zealand are not required to stay in quarantine, and instead will be straight home to you.
For pet moves from the rest of the world, planning needs to start early and we are here to assist you to ensure all regulations are met. Your pet will be required to stay in a government run quarantine facility, generally for 10 days, with the cost of the stay and import permit approx $2200AUD (plus the associated travel costs).
Our Pet Travel Consultants are here to provide expert advice, and create an itinerary specific to your pet’s travel needs. This ensures you know exactly what level of planning is required, and what the associated costs will be. We are here to guide you every step along the way and ensure a safe and stress free relocation of your pet.
How we can help:
Our Pet Travel Consultants:
- Find out all about your VIPs – very important pets!
- Provide expert advice on preparing your pet for international travel
- Decide on the best sized travel crate to ensure pets travel comfortably
- Book your pet on the most direct flight into Australia with one of our airline partners
- Provide a comfort stop if required
- Provide detailed information about specific entry requirements for pets to come into Australia, and arrange the Australian Import Permit
- Veterinary schedule for vaccination and blood test dates
- Provide you with your pets detailed itinerary
- Notify you upon your pets safe arrival into quarantine
- Can arrange and take care of your pets onwards journey within Australia after the quarantine period is complete
Other parts of our service which make us unique:
- Jetpets Resident Vets on fulltime staff, available for advice on documents and treatments when bringing pets into Australia
- Pet accommodation, anywhere in the world, for any amount of time
- Jetaway Travel can book your flight to match your pets
Points to consider when bringing loved ones into Australia:
- There are many different requirements for pets coming into Australia
- You need to plan well in advance. The planning process can take up to 6 months prior to the arrival of your pet
- Quarantine period for your pet is 10 days upon arrival into Australia, generally all pets must go into quarantine, even if they originated in Australia (exception is if they come from New Zealand)