Pet Relocation from Canada to Australia
Are you and your family considering a move from Canada to Australia? Jetpets can ensure that your furry family member gets the VIP treatment, helping you plan a smooth and hassle-free relocation for your pet.
We have an expert team that specialises in importing pets into Australia, so we can make sure that your pet fulfills all the pre-export and customs and quarantine requirements prior to arrival into Australia.
If your family requires some extra time to settle into your new home, we can help you find the best pet accommodation options so your furbaby enjoys a mini vacation while you’re away.
Leala, Alfie and Alex
Mickleham Quarantine to Melbourne, Australia
It is a very happy house we have tonight! It is so fantastic to have all or babies back. They were running around for at least an hour when they arrived. It was dark before we were able to get them in bed for cuddles.
Thank you for taking such great care of our furbabies. They were so jolly when they arrived. There are no words to describe the joy to be with them again.
Thank you again and kind regards
Munich to Sydney, Australia
Just wanted to let you know that Gypsi arrived at her new home. She was very happy to see us again, and right now is very careful not to let anyone get out her sight. It will take a little time for her to get used to the new surrounding.
I enclose a picture of her sitting on Mum's lap (one of her favourite places). That's the first evening with us.
Thanks again for taking care of everything, it was a real pleasure using Jetpets.
Please forward this thank you to all people involved with her journey from Germany to Australia.
With kind regards
Bandit & Rocket
London to Melbourne, Australia
Bandit and Rocket are safely back in Australia. They are healthy happy and excited to be with our folks.
Thank you for all your help and patience in making this work for us. They have been in safe hands!
All the best for the future.
Thank you very much Jetpets for bringing our boy, Charlie safely through the long process from Turkey to Australia. Emma Boyle guided us at every step to insure every box was ticked and every form filled out. It was a long process but Jetpets made it easy. Thank you again. Aral & Ian
Dubai to Melbourne, Australia
Thanks so much. I was so pleased to have her back. She was mental - didn’t have an opportunity to video the chaos. About 2 hours after she got home, I was able to get this picture though!
Thanks to you, and to Ruth, for your great work.
Amsterdam to Adelaide, Australia
Ylvi is enjoying walks at the beach, playing in the garden or just being near us...
Thank you for such uncomplicated support during the entire journey and helping us bringing Ylvi to Australia. It was hard to leave her when she was picked up to Amsterdam but it was a great moment when we saw her sitting in the crade at the freight terminal in Adelaide! Our son already spotted her and called her name, she immediately played attention and started to wag her tail!
We did not need any photo proof it was convincing enough to whom she belongs....
As promised we attached a few photos to say “thanks a lot” and good bye
You did a great job and we always felt good informed. We appreciated that so much!
Say thanks to the entire team and to everybody who was involved.
Regards, Annette & Jens
Barcelona to Coolangatta, Australia
Emma can't thank you guys enough your all amazing. Lola is settling in well and definitely remembered me and Lee which made us so happy. She is slowly getting used to Fred our other cat but does hiss at him now and again! But we are so shocked at how well she coped with the traveling and settled in straight away we can't thank you enough xxx
A team locally based in Victoria, Australia, providing you with complete peace of mind
Moving countries can be a complex process for you and your family but we’re here to help you make your pet’s relocation as simple as possible. Our headquarters are based in Victoria, Australia, close to the Melbourne International Airport and Australia’s government-run quarantine facility in Mickleham. With an extensive local network available 24/7, we can arrange transport to and from the airport, quarantine facility and your residence.
Let Jetpets help with your furbaby’s move from Canada to Australia
Canada is classified as an approved Group 3 country according to the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources, and your pet is eligible for importation to Australia with completion of all pre-export requirements.
Plan Your Pet’s Move in Advance
- We recommend that you plan your pet’s travel 6 to 7 months in advance of their arrival into Australia
- You will need to have your pet’s microchip details prior to starting any veterinarian documentation, as per the Australian government’s import requirements
- If you pet is not microchipped, make sure this is organised before seeing the vet
- We’ll find out all about your pet and provide you with expert advice for your pet’s move from Canada to Australia
- Before departing from Canada, your pet will need to have specific vaccinations, blood tests and parasite treatments completed by a government-approved vet
- Jetpets can provide you with a complete veterinary schedule that’s required
- We can submit your pet’s Australian import permit application on your behalf
- Help you choose the best-sized, airline-approved travel crate to ensure your pet’s comfort and safety during travel
- Arrange a stay dry fleece mat for your furbaby’s crate to keep them comfy and dry
- Book your pet on the most direct flight from Canada into Melbourne, Australia with one of our trusted airline partners
- Provide a comfort stop if required, so your pet can relax and stretch outside of their crate
- Customise a pet travel itinerary so you know what’s happening from start to finish
- Send you pet travel updates including your pet’s safe arrival into quarantine
Arrival in Australia
- When travelling from Canada, your pet will need to arrive at Melbourne International Airport
- Your pet will be required to spend 10 days at a government-run quarantine facility in Mickleham, Victoria
- Our full-time resident vets are available for advice if required
- We can arrange pet accommodation if your family requires extra time to settle in
The Happy Reunion
- We can arrange and take care of your pet’s onwards journey within Australia after the quarantine period is complete
- We can provide door-to-door transport for your convenience
Mark & Mya’s Jetpets Experience
Behind the Scenes at the Airport