Bringing Pets from Hong Kong to Australia
Are you planning to move from Hong Kong to Australia? At Jetpets, we make sure that no furry family member gets left behind and can help you plan a smooth and stress-free move for your pet, from start to finish.
Our friendly pet travel consultants are experts in importing pets into Australia, and we can assist you with customs and quarantine requirements, including applying for an import permit, coordinating a vet work schedule and more.
We can even help you find the best pet accommodation to ensure your pet gets extra attention, love and care while your family settles into your new home in Australia.
Local team and operations in Australia, providing you with 24/7 expertise
We know that moving from Hong Kong to Australia can be a big move for you and your family. At Jetpets, we’ve helped customers worldwide with their pet relocation needs and we can make sure you have complete peace of mind when entrusting your precious furbaby into our care. Our headquarters are located in Victoria, Australia and we have an extensive local network to ensure a smooth relocation. We’re based in close proximity to the Melbourne Airport, as well as Australia’s government-run quarantine facility in Mickleham, Victoria, for easy transport to and from in our air-conditioned fleet.
Hong Kong is classified as an approved Group 3 country according to the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources, and your pet will require a valid import permit to be eligible for entry into Australia.
Planning in Advance
- We recommend that you start planning your pet’s travel 6 to 7 months before their arrival into Australia
- You will need to have your pet’s microchip details for all veterinarian documentation, as per the Australian government’s import requirements
- If you pet is not microchipped, make sure you organise for it before you start any vetwork
- We’ll find out all about your pet and provide you with expert advice on importing pets from Hong Kong to Australia
- Before your pet travels from Hong Kong, they will need to have specific vaccination and parasite treatments completed by a government-approved vet
- Jetpets offers a full service that includes scheduling and completion of the required blood tests, vaccinations and vetwork required (excluding RNATT testing & declaration) – this includes transport to and from your residence and the vet
- Submit your pet’s Australian import permit application on your behalf
- Help you choose the best-sized, airline-approved travel crate to ensure your pet’s comfort and safety during travel
- Arrange a stay dry fleece mat for your furbaby’s crate to keep them comfy and dry
- Book your pet on the most direct flight from Hong Kong into Melbourne, Australia with one of our trusted airline partners
- Provide a comfort stop if required, so your pet can relax and stretch outside of their crate
- Customise a pet travel itinerary that best suits your relocation requirements
- Send you pet travel updates including your pet’s safe arrival into quarantine
Arriving in Melbourne, Australia
- When travelling from Hong Kong, your pet will need to arrive at Melbourne International Airport
- Your pet will be required to spend 10 days at a government-run quarantine facility in Mickleham, Victoria
- Our full-time resident vets are available for advice if required
- Let us know if you require pet accommodation to ensure your family has time to settle into your new life in Australia
Reuniting your Pet with Your Family
- We can arrange and take care of your pet’s onwards journey within Australia after the quarantine period is complete
- We provide door-to-door transport for your convenience