Travelling with Pets
Can’t bear the thought of leaving your furry friend behind when you go on holidays? You don’t have to! With a little planning, you can take your family pet on the trip with you.
What many people don’t realise is that in most cases, it can be simpler and more cost effective to travel with your pets, rather than leave them behind in a kennel or with a sitter. It can also be a lot less worrisome than parting with your beloved pet for an extended period of time!
In 2015, more and more destinations are willing to accommodate families holidaying with their furry friends, making travelling with pets easier than ever! This website is a great resource if you’re looking for pet-friendly accommodation in Australia.
Because we know how much you love your pets, we thought we would list the top 5 reasons why it’s great to go travelling with your pets:
- You don’t need to feel guilty about leaving your pet behind, they’ll be right there with you!
- If you’re travelling with a dog, it’s a great excuse to get out and see the scenery in your destination while you’re walking him or her! It will also be a fantastic new experience for your dog.
- If you’re travelling with small children, having the family pet along can help them settle and feel less homesick.
- If you’re travelling alone, it’s fantastic companionship!
- You won’t have to worry about how your pet is doing in an unfamiliar kennel or with a sitter he or she doesn’t know.
While of course you will love having your pets travel with you, it is important to think ahead about how you can help your pet feel at home in the new environment. Pack their favourite toys, bring along bedding with familiar scents and for cats use a pheromone spray such as Feliway to help relieve stress.
Do your research online ahead of time, finding the best pet-friendly beaches, parks, gardens and more, so that you have plenty of activities in mind to do with your pets. Remember, if you’re travelling with your pets it’s because you want to spend time with them!
So with a little forward planning and some help from our consultants, travelling with pets can be a fantastically rewarding experience!