The great Australian holiday is a tradition that Australians will never let go of. Our country was made to be traversed by car, caravan and plane. Setting off on an adventure from Victoria to Western Australia can often feel like an international holiday due to the enormous size of our country.
There have been huge improvements to the flexibility of the Australian Holiday too. Pet friendly accommodation allows you to keep the family together to share in the adventure.
Jetpets makes this all-inclusive holiday possible by taking care of the pickup and drop-off of your family’s best friend. We take the stress out of arranging travel for your pet and allow the whole family to stay together. Often our customers report that it is cheaper to fly their pet to their favourite holiday destination rather than pay for expensive kennels and boarding.
In addition to the financial benefits it’s great for your pet to explore new environments, test their senses and have new experiences. Is there anything more fun than playing fetch with the family dog on a beautiful Australian beach?
It’s an exciting time in your household as the whole family gets ready to move overseas.
Here’s some handy tips from our resident Vet Dr Sam, on getting your pet ready for overseas travel and what to expect….
- What are important things to keep in mind to make sure a pet is comfortable in their travel crate? We recommend getting your pet’s travel crate delivered a few weeks before travel. This gives you time to introduce your pet to the crate in a familiar environment. For travel, Jetpets will line your pet’s travel crate with a stay dry fleece mat, where moisture sinks to the bottom, keeping your pet dry and comfortable throughout the travel journey. Some countries will let you put a blanket or a t-shirt that smells like you in the travel crate, and this can be of extra comfort for your pet – it’s best to check with your Jetpets travel consultant to see if you can do this for your destination. If your furbaby can be a bit nervous in new situations we also recommend Adaptil collars for dogs, and Feliway products for cats, to make pets feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible during travel – your Jetpets travel consultant can take you through your options and we can organise everything for you.
- Will my pet need any vaccinations prior to travelling? Jetpets recommends that all pets are up to date with their annual vaccinations before travelling. Depending on your destination country, time sensitive vet work may be required. As resident Vets, we specialise in pet travel and can step you through everything that’s required, and can administer all vet work. We even do home visits!
- Can my pet handle a long-haul flight? We understand when a pet owner expresses concern about how their pet will handle a long-haul flight. We are delighted when pet owners share back their happy travellers stories and express their delight at just how well their pet coped. As resident Vets we check on your pet prior to travel, and the sole focus of our pet loving team of experts is to provide a safe and comfortable travel journey for your pet. Want to hear from other Jetpets Happy Travellers? Visit us on Facebook.
- Will my pet be provided with enough food and water to last the trip? Pets are lodged with sufficient water for their travel journey. We avoid feeding pets just prior to travel to avoid any tummy upsets.
- What can I do to help my pet settle in to their new home after their trip? Let your pet ease into their new surroundings. Try and make sure your pet has familiar things around them – moving house is a big thing for your pet and a well-known bed or favourite toy can make settling into a new home much easier. And it goes without saying, don’t forget to give your pets lots of love!